Monday, May 31, 2010

The story of Miss. Matea's invisible cast.

Not alot of pictures for this post folks - why you ask?  Well remember, in my last post, when I was blogging about how impressed I was with the Red Deer hospital?  Man oh man did that change today.  Now before I continue, I just want to say that of all my experiences at the hospital in our city (couple of babies, a surgery here and there, nothing too major) have been pretty much great.  Amazing nurses (they definitely have a difficult job) and pretty great doctors.  Today - May 31, 2010 -  Miss. Matea, Bob and I had the unfortunate experience of spending the majority of our morning with some of the crankiest, unkind women I have ever encountered.  So in hindsight an appointment on Monday morning to see a surgeon about a broken bone is nothing to get too excited about, why?  Well in addition to our baby girl's broken bone, we got to wait amongst those person's who chose to get into bar room brawls the previous Friday and Saturday night.  Now, when I walked in and saw about 30 people in this waiting room, I thought to myself - this isn't happening, and when I relised that these 30 people were all there to see the same doctor we were, I thought  there is no way that they are going to make us (with the one year old) and the 2 or 3 senior citizens wait for hours (don't get me wrong, if it was my broken bone I would have no problem waiting as long as needed, I am capable of waiting, I understand waiting - a one year old--not so much).  Nope that is exactly what happened.  9:45 appointment, saw the doctor after lunch.  Now it's not my first day as a Mommy, we came prepared with snacks, and juice, and books, and games - she was happy....for the first hour and a half.  After that she got a little restless, so I inquired at the nurse's station as to how much longer it would be.  I was told that there were 12 people ahead of us, and I needed to "deal with it" - excuse me?!?  Rude.  So at that point I stood directly in front of the nurse's station with Miss. Matea in my arms and let her scream her little head off (while I comforted her), and when they looked at me like "can you please do something with your baby" - I said "deal with it" -- we were the next ones in to see the doctor :)  

So after ALL that time, the doctor came in and said "oh it's just a crack, keep the splint on for two weeks and she should be fine"
hence no pictures of a cute pink cast - but this Momma is very thankful for that :)

No comments: