Saturday, March 6, 2010

Photography, Photoshop, Actions. Lenses?!?

When Big Mack arrived (all 10 pounds and 11 ounces of him) on Halloween night in 2006 - we had a cute little camera that fit in my purse, and we thought it was AWESOME. I'm not going to lie, we just purchased the same one my sister purchased (much like many things in my life from clothes to shoes, to baby stuff - she must hate getting copied ALL the time), then disaster struck. Fast forward to December 2006, my Mom and Dad rented out little family a hotel room in Edmonton so we could come down and introduce "Baby Mack" to all the Aunts and Uncles - it was a fun time :). Now you KNOW I forgot the camera in the hotel room, and didn't even realise it until we were at about Blackfalds - I called - it is still missing in action. So then we got a more souped up version of our old camera, I liked it, we still use.....as our video camera! Once Big Mack started running (which was at about 11 months, and let's be honest, those of you who know him and love him, know that he still hasn't slowed down) So low and behold Bob-a-licious came through with an awesome gift when I had Matea - our Canon Rebel - love it, takes great pictures, looks super cool, and I am STILL trying to figure out how to utilize all the awesome features on it - this may take awhile.


ANYWAY I get so overwhelmed when learning about photography, because with photography comes editing your photo's and when you are editing you are probably talking about Photoshop, and when you are talking about Photoshop you need to understand about Actions yadda, yadda, yadda - I want to take pictures like this:




But somehow they end up like this:

Still adorable, but too dark or something?
  Yikes - one of those "Photoshop Actions" that I pretend to understand

More Photoshop stuff - burned the edges a little, tried to make his eyes pop
I still like it :)
This one I actually READ a tutorial (kind of like directions-can you beleive I'm a teacher?!?)
on how to make "eyes pop"
I like this one....I think?

No comments: