Monday, March 8, 2010

The Movies....

Seriously how old am I?  I try to be a little bit hip - but please tell me the honest truth after you read this:

So like I said in my previous post….Bob and I were lucky enough to get a “Night Out”, which was awesome! We went for a delicious meal, and then we went to a Movie (of course in between the two you know we ran a few errands and went to Wal-Mart!) and it was a pretty funny movie (Cop Out) it wasn’t like this huge “SNOOZE FEST” or anything I was actually laughing pretty hard, there were tears at some point, that’s how hard I was laughing! ANYWAY…at the movie I sat beside some INCREDIBLY strange young ladies – don’t get me wrong they were polite, and they said excuse me when they had to get past Bob and I BUT they texted and updated their facebook status's for the entire 2 hours?!? And they had to show each other all the texts they were sending and receiving AND show each other pictures of their friends on facebook…and seriously at one point one of the girls was actually trying to do her online banking?!? Weird, right? This isn’t normal is it? Please someone leave me a comment and tell me this isn't normal, okay? Or else I am going to just feel old, old, old


**PS—I know this is very snoopy of me to be peeking at their phones, but seriously we are sitting inches apart for a long period of time…and iphones are bright in a dark theatre?!? I know I could have “shushed” them, but to be honest with you – I’m a “wandering educator” – I “shush” little people and teenagers for a living J

No comments: