Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tough Week :)

It has been a tough week at the Schurman house this week.  As you all know...IT'S WINTER!  Sorry to yell at everyone like that, but I am ready for the sun, and walks, wagon rides, and picnics - boo winter.  Winter kept Bob at work for a LONG time this week.  Like 12 hours a day!  I know there are lots of people out there who might be reading this and thinking "Boo-hoo, cry me a river" - please don't email me this to tell me that you are crying me a river, okay?  I like LOVE (sorry about the yellling) having may hubby around.  I like the help at dinnertime, I like when he takes Big Mack out to climb snowy mountain, I married him, I like having him around, okay?  So it was a long week for myself and the little people, although I did enjoy seeing their little faces light up when their Daddy walked in the door - the second day of Bob's 12 hour shifts I thought Matea was going to give herself a concussion in her high chair she got so enthusiastic!  I definitly have a new appreciation for my husband, and the time he spends with us, and those mommies that do it by themselves everyday, and still managa to comb their hair, and not serve Kraft dinner and hotdogs 7/10 meals - amazing, truly amazing.

So in addition to Bob being MIA for a few days, I also turned 31 - ugh.  That is enough said right there.  When I turned 30 - no big deal, I was like "woot, woo...30 over here!"  but this time - yikes.  I got sick around my birthday, everyone's sleeping schedule was messed up, I think it just made me feel old.  The upside to having a birthday - a birthday party with sweet, sweet Mackenzie James singing the birthday song (I actually got 3 birthday songs thanks to The Tomson family - although Tracy is so loud I only heard Ian for like 5 seconds - love you friend - and Miss. Ayva from next door-so adorable) and some super delicious homemade birthday cake that reminds me of my childhood....even if I am old it made me feel young - thanks Mom!

Some birthday party pictures for your enjoyment

Birthday smooches from my little man
(I like to get all "dolled up" for my birthday -
insert sarcastic voice when reading previous statement)


"Whoa Tiger - back up" - it felt to me like Big Mack was trying
to "lick" the candles out

A very proud Mackenzie james for singing a wonderful
birthday song AND blowing out all the candles.


And of course no meal would be complete
without a cheer from Miss Matea....and both her chins
(I mean this in a cute way, don't email me and tell me I
 am a horrible mother, I know I'm not)

Now for this next portion of the post i would like to subtittle it:

WOULD YOU LIKE US TO COME TO YOUR NEXT BIRTHDAY PARTY?

"Lick the icing?  Sure, why not?"

"You are so adorable, let me get the plate even closer to your cute little mouth"

"Daddy's turn"

And I wonder why I already know I am going to get a call on his first day of Kindergarten...

No comments: