Sunday, February 21, 2010

Haircut, snuggles, and snacks....not in that order :)

So....I know I have mentioned this before, but I realy do truly beleive that my children (the oldest in particular) is quite possibly the most strong willed child I have ever met!  Now when you are strong willed, and an adult - awesome - you know what you want, you know how you are going to get it,  and you don't let anyone sway you from getting where you need to be, am I right?  Now when you are 3, and strong willed....and it is time for a haircut...
okay let's be honest, we have all seen pictures of Big Mack, and I can admit it, we are about
4 weeks past "time for a haircut" he was starting to look like the "smelly kid"...

anyway-yep, time for a haircut, strong willed....this all equals sitting in the haircut chair, watching a video, everything going pretty good, way better than last time, when all of the sudden......OH MY GOODNESS, THEY ARE CUTTING MY HAIR?!?  I DON'T WANT MY HAIRCUT!  I HAVE TO ESCAPE, I HAVE TO ESCAPE, THIS FAKE CAR THAT THEY PUT ME IN TO WATCH THIS SHOW HAS MALFUNCTIONED SOMEHOW, I CAN'T GET OUT!  OH MY GOODNESS THERE IS HAIR EVERYWHERE!  IT'S IN MY MOUTH!  IT'S IN MY EYES!  WHY IS THIS CRAZY LADY BLOWING BUBBLES IN MY FACE?!?  ARGH!  GET ME OUT OF HERE!  

Welcome to a Saturday morning with the Schurman Family :)  I tipped the hairdresser $20 because she managed to complete his haircut without slicing off one of his ears, which was a small miracle, especially if you know my son, and his "strong-willedness" and she suggested that maybe next time we make our appointment closer to the end of the bussiness day "so that he might not be so stimulated by all the surroundings" and in my head I am thinking "and so he maybe won't scare all the other little people who are coming in for their first haircuts?"
Either way Mackenzie did great in our books, he has really only had his haircut like 3 times in his life, and each time he does better and better, and he looks adorable!  I know you wanna see......

BEFORE


AFTER


I think he looks so adorable!


Okay now for snacks....we actually sat at the table last night for like an hour eating bedtime snacks.  My kids have a little snack before they go to bed because they are giants and they are ALWAYS hungry, tonight we had some cereal...usually they just eat it out of a bowl, like regular kids, but of course Daddy (he is the best Daddy because he is so creative) came up with a super fun way to eat it "DINOSAUR STYLE"

First you have to put all the cheerios on the dinosaur somewhere, hang them off a horn or a tail, or put them in the dinosaurs mouth 


Then let the fun begin!


And this morning when we woke up, Matea sure did want to have her breakfast DINOSAUR STYLE
She had to settle for just being allowed to have her dino pal at the table, and she managed to use him as her utensil for one scoop of yogurt -

No comments: