Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"How I Lost My First Born...."

As promised....in all my parenting glory!
Okay a little back story
This is the "stupid maze" right at the start of Calaway park...I hated it, which of course meant Big Mack loved it and only wanted to go in it the entire day.  Aunt Jen braved the maze with her kids and my first born early on in the day, she told me he didn't really listen and she lost him a few times but it wasn't a big deal because Corbyn and Alex cold keep up with him AND they have a lady that patrols the highest point to keep an eye on where all the kids are.
I know...okay whatever....he loved it

 Now this is super important, this is the exit, this is where they end up after going up and down and all around the whole thing.
So when I took Mack by myself near the end of the day, this is where I waited for him when I got tired of him running up and down the same set of stairs and down the same slide after half an hour.  This was like the third time he had been in there!
So I waited and waited, and waited some more......
Now thank goodness my SWEET NEPHEW came along when he did!  He went into the maze to "look" for Big Mack.  After about 7 minutes he yelled down from the top of the maze "Aunt Jess, Mack isn't in here!  He's not in here!"
Okay my heart sank...and then I heard...
"He's on the other side, he's on the bridge!  Mack STAY THERE!"
Did I mention I ♥ my sweet nephew?
So this little rascal had hung out in the maze, ran around, and then decided to head out the front entrance instead of the exit (where I was standing--rookie mistake mommy!)
Corbyn marched right over to the bridge, which was actually about 25 feet away from the entrance and (in my opinion) the gateway to being lost at Calaway Park forever, and got his cousin and made him come back.
I should not be allowed to supervise my children in public places :( 






No comments: