Monday, December 13, 2010

I ♥ Bob-a-licious + Banff

okay I am proud of myself, I learned how to make the little ♥ sign, ♥♥♥ - I can't stop!  Okay seriously though, back to the blogging business.....

We went to Banff this weekend, and it was AMAZING!  First off let me tell you, Bob has been trying to get me to go to Banff for like the last TWO years, and i have always said no because I was worried about how the kids would do, and where would they sleep, and what if they were up all night and then we ended up spending the whole night up with them, yadda, yadda, yadda - I'm a party pooper.
Bob decided that we were going this year (he put his foot down)!  We picked a date right after my report cards were finished, and he whisked all of us out of town last Friday - it was awesome!
We stayed at the Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets http://www.douglasfir.com/
If you have kids or if you are young at heart (like someone I know who's name rhymes with cob) you will love it.  There are two pools, water slides, and an indoor playground!
Enough with the writing, right?  You just want to see the pictures.....
Big Mack on the super steep steps that led up to the loft - I know the decor is a little "dated" but when you have little people - dated doesn't matter, but an indoor play park sure does!
 Scaring Mommy on the super steep steps
 Walking from our room to the play park after we got to Banff
 Ta-Da!
 Daddy and Miss. Matea going down the slide

 Climb, climb, climb
 Action shots!

 This was Matea's room, now the second part of our M &M's does not sleep in a bed...yet.  I am going to be totally honest, I like that she is contained in the night - it's like the only time that she actually is.  ANYWAY, you may also notice that my little people are small giants, so while your two year old might be able to go a few nights in a pack n' play - mine out grew theirs when they were about one!  So my darling husband (reason # 4567 why I ♥ him) macgyver-ed a little toddler area for her to sleep safely.
And yes, my son jumps on the bed, I know it's dangerous - don't email me and tell me what a rotten Mother I am....I know it...I embrace it....and I also believe in natural consequences, that's all I'm going to say about THAT!
 Miss. Matea cleaning up her bath toys
 Bob getting ready to make some breakfast in the morning - the hotel stocked out fridge with bacon, eggs, milk, toast - I think Bob was most excited about that!
If you are an avid reader of this blog then you know we enjoy our "Pancake Saturdays/Sundays"....ALOT!
 Evidence that my "almost two" year old is.....crazy.
She looks sweet....
What is going on here?  Looks pretty intense....
 Oh nothing....just a little blanket attack!
Like I said....crazy.
 Big Mack LOVED all the mountains....loved them.
 
Sweet baby girl...we had just gotten back from swimming
 Awwww...Banff 2010 Memories...Matea looks a little crazy in this picture, but like a cute crazy, right?

The only thing I didn't get a picture that I wanted was out fridge.  One more thing I love about Bob - he packs for an Apocalypse - seriously, he does.  He packed EVERYTHING!  You know those coolers you get that (before you have kids) you are sooo pumped because they hold like 50 cans of beer?  Then after you have kids, they are useful for packing food for the end of the world - we were gone for 48 hours, but we easily had enough for like a week.  Of course while I am making fun of him, in our little "end of the world" cooler, he remembered to pack my favourite raspberry jam, cheddar cheese, and salsa in case we wanted to have nachos, and my favourite drinks (alcoholic and non)
I ♥ Bob






2 comments:

Jen Clevette said...

Ahh...the hearts say it all. Think it is worthy of a Shurman/Bromette adventure?

Jeanette said...

♥ and I think he loves you too ♥