Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Then and Now....

Oh how I love these "let's look back" posts.....
Mack was ALMOST 3 in this picture...it was October 9, 2009.  If you would have asked me that day, I would have sworn to you that my oldest child would be wearing a pull up to grade 2 because he was still not potty trained, not even close - in fact I am pretty sure that we were still at the "if you want me to put on those undies, then you are going to have to wrestle me into them..." stage.  Now I can look back fondly, and say to myself "when they are ready, when they are ready they will just do it..." - but I remember my sister telling me that schools can no longer stipulate that children MUST be potty trained to enter Kindergarten, because...it's something that can be put in an IPP or something like that - I think?- (I don't really remember that was pretty much where I stopped listening because in my head I was thinking "Whoooooooo Hoooooo!!!!!")
What I love about this picture...both his chins + the fact that he is wearing a Valentine's shirt in October!
 and now he is all grown up....being cute, and peeing in the potty, and kicking the occasional playschool teacher (sigh)
Matea was ALMOST 1 (10 months) in this picture.  She was so adorable at this age, just starting to chat a little bit, super pumped about eating, and loving going on adventures with her big brother...and she was not too mobile (no walking) - in case you can't tell Matea pretty much rules the roost around here so my theroy is that she knew of her "power" at a young age, and manipulated all of us into doing everything for her, all the while laughing at us!  I also remember Matea had just mastered crawling around this time...she was a "butt scooter" for the majority of her younger years :)
What I love about this picture....both her chins + he two little teeth + I used to wonder if her hair would "really" start to grow (see next picture for why this is ridiculous)
and now she has like a full "Mane" of hair, and she HATES all the stuff she used to love - hates going out, hates eating, she is definitly mobile, but she only has two speeds - fast, and CRASH!  One thing is the same though, she still rules EVERYTHING, and she still knows it.  Lately she has been waking up in the middle of the night, but she isn't upset, she just lays there and counts and laughs - just counting a laughing.  You know what she is doing, right?  She is counting all the time throughout the day that she fooled us with he cute-ness, and she is laughing at us...it's true.

2 comments:

Denise said...

They keep getting cuter and cuter!!! :)

Jeanette said...

Nola will never rule the roost like Matea... ;)