Monday, August 5, 2013

This was the best day....

Out at the Corn Maze....it was by far my best day this summer.
Now if you follow me on instagram or you have read this blog, or you know me "in real life" you know that our Matea has a speech delay.  For lots of kids that means lots of things, but our Matea is just not a talker...like at all.  She communicates, but instead of saying "Hey Mommy thanks for the super cool Nutella sandwich, can I please have some more?"  She will take my hand, we go to the pantry and she grabs the Nutella, and then goes and gets a knife and sets everything up on the counter for me.  Speech delay :).
So at the corn maze when she fell in love with the goats, I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to hang out with them for an extended period of time...because Matea and I....we had our first conversation ♥
 This was REALLY hard for me....shudder.
Not a barnyard animal fan...I know this puts me in the "terrible mother" category

She took a particular liking to this sweet baby goat...he was the topic of our first conversation ♥
He had a little house that he climbed up into and we could feed him grass and snacks.
Matea asked a million times for me to keep lifting her up so she could see the goat.
Me: "Say up please"
Matea: "Up please"
The tenth time I hoisted that 48 pounds up so she could look at that baby goat, and see his little house, she looked me right in the eye and said...
"How he get up there?"
I darn near dropped her!
I started explaining that the goat had a teeny tiny ramp that he climbed up whenever he wanted to see all his friends....she was looking at me like "what?!?"
So I showed her the ramp and said "goat climb"
She had a big smile, and I didn't have to lift her up anymore.
(my little bro and I commemorated the occasion with a selfie)
And we moved onto the chickens....

It was the best day :)