Friday, August 10, 2012

The zoo!

So...on the way home from "The Great White North"...where we soaked up as much sun as possible because, as my sister put it (daily)...winter is on it's way!
We stopped at the zoo in Edmonton (because we are season pass holders) to give the M & M's a little break from being in the van....AND to air out the puke-a-pa-looza smell--poor Big Mack has developed a little car sickness the last few months :(
After Mack's puke-fest...we arrived at the zoo!
And it was PERFECT timing!
We got there at about 4:30, there was lots of shade, and the place was almost deserted because the zoo was closing at 6:00...awesome.
 I think she was looking at the peacocks...pretty exciting!
 A little lemur!
 Yay!  Jess makes another blog appearance!
That's like two in the last couple months!
Cuddles with my little miss on the way to the "monkey house"
 monkey's
 Lucy the Elephant
 Daddy and Matea watching Lucy

 A little mister for the little people to cool off in...guess who loved it, and who didn't?
 Bridge pictures...
"Oh the places you'll go!"
 I thought this little guys was kinda creepy....I know I am a terrible person :)
 he really liked the M & M's though.....
 winking!

 i thought this was REALLY cool.  They have an "enrichment garden" that they grow at the zoo, this is like 1/4 of it all, but basically all the plants and veggies are grown and harvested at the zoo, and then the animals get to enjoy them :)
 sigh....I have so many of these pictures - I ♥ them all
 Tigers, tigers, tigers!
This is part of the reason why we love this zoo!  It is super spread out, and the kids can get up close to see the animals - so fun!
 I think the tiger  was checking out Mack!



**Totally politically incorrect statement coming up**
After our last visit to the zoo, this is where I like to see the wolves...behind a fence :)
sweet little Matea
 Two pictures in one post....it's not even Christmas!
My girl & I
 SNAKES!  YUCK!
i think i am the least fun person to go to the zoo with :)


No comments: