Monday, October 31, 2011

I remember like yesterday....

I am not going to lie, there were more than a few tears from this Mom today on my way to work....okay I will be totally truthful I was crying like a baby!  My baby boy turned 5 today!  He has grown up so much this past year!

I remember.....
 when I thought you would never pee in the potty.
(yep those are tighty whities)
 when I thought you would never sleep through the night.
 when I thought you would never "play" with other kids (um hello parallel play?)
when I thought I had damaged you for life when I "missed" (I say missed because I hadn't quite got to that chapter in the pregnancy book) the first stages of pre-labour because I was pre-occupied with writing a math mid-term...now I have read the chapter, not that big of a deal!
when I thought I was going to DIE when you stopped napping RIGHT after we brought Matea home!
 when I thought there was NO WAY I was going to survive the "terrible two's" -- you are pretty strong willed!
when I thought you would NEVER AGAIN wear a Halloween costume and go trick or treating
 2010
2011 - we did our WHOLE close tonight!
when I thought I had scarred you for life when I had you in my fourth year of University, and had to start going to classes a few weeks after you were born....there were many years there when I would announce on a daily basis "Mackenzie won't eat green beans....picks his nose....won't sit during circle time at school...doesn't like apple juice...will not wear his new snow pants.... because I didn't stay home with him for a year, and we haven't bonded...I am a horrible mother!"




when I thought I there was NO WAY that you could possible get any cuter...and then you did.


Happy Birthday Big Fella!

1 comment:

Denise said...

What an awesome post!!!! I love this!!! I think everyday "Aryn will never..." because of "mistakes" I've made - it's awesome to see that regardless of "mistakes", they turn out pretty darn good. Happy Birthday Big Mac!!!! You're an awesome little man - I hope I can meet you one day!!!!